Why We Plant
The Great Commission
The Book of Matthew concludes with Jesus' quote:
All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
International Students: A Strategic Opportunity
- More than one million international students and scholars have come to America (up 40% since 2000). Many of the world's leaders have studied here, and it's estimated that 25% of all future leaders are studying here now.
- More than 85% of international students are never invited into an American home during their stay in America.
- Seven of the top 10 nations of origin of international students are closed or hostile to missionaries. A summary of each nation's religious situation is listed below
- 28.7% China Atheist and closed to missionaries.
- 11.8% India Hindu and hostile to missionaries.
- 8.6% South Korea Atheists/Buddhists make up 70% of the population.
- 5.4% Saudi Arabia Muslim and very hostile to missionaries.
- 3.3% Canada Mostly Protestant.
- 2.7% Taiwan Buddhist and less than 1% are Christians.
- 2.4% Japan Atheist and less than 1% are Christians.
- 2.0% Vietnam Atheist and hostile to missionaries.
- 1.7% Mexico Catholics make up 82% of the population.
- 1.4% Turkey Muslim and hostile to missionaries.